Wednesday, June 11, 2014

for those of you who like to drink fizzy stuff...

I'm a big fan of carbonated beverages...

That said, I also know that most all soft drinks are bad for you, cost far too much money, and, if you're particular about the sort of soft drinks you like, hard to find in a lot of places we tend to travel to on boats.

You can brew your own of course. There's a lot to be said for home made ginger beer and suchlike but then a lot of folks find home brewing (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) somewhat problematic on a small boat.

A lot of cruisers are into SodaStream but researching them I found the cost of CO2 works out to something like 80-90 cents a liter (or more if you're like me and like highly carbonated beverages) plus there's the cost of syrups and suchlike which adds up. The real negative for me is that the SodaStream CO2 bottles are hard to find a lot of places and having them shipped can be prohibitively expensive.

Which is why I perked up when I read this article on how to build your own carbonation system with off the shelf parts and refillable just about anywhere you happen to be.

Check it out...

No comments: