Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A new book on my Kindle...

I just bought the new edition of "The Care and Feeding of Sailing Crew" and I'm looking forward to seeing how Lin & Larry have updated it and brought it into the current century.

As it happens, I'm not a big fan of cruising cookbook genre... They never seem to have food that does not look like the recipes were cribbed off the back of a Velveeta cheese like product box, Good Housekeeping, or a Campbell's soup can.

Which is not to say that some of those recipes are not actually tasty but they are way too product centric to make a lot of sense on a voyaging boat...

I won't bother to go into the fact that such recipes are silly expensive as well but, I expect, you know how I feel on that subject.

Which is why you won't find cruising cookbooks on my shelves except for a couple of exceptions to the rule and "The Care and Feeding of Sailing Crew" is one of those exceptions.

No comments: