Tuesday, January 17, 2012

First thoughts on the new galley project...

In redesigning the new galley for the umpteenth time, I've decided to change tack and not design it around ways that I think will be making it better but to simply focus on how I actually cook and use the galley. So, in short, do it for how I cook rather than how I'd like to cook...

Case in point, the stove. Truth is, I really only use one burner and the last time I recall using the second burner on the stove was about four years ago. The only use the other burner actually gets is to sit pots on to cool. Based on that fact, the idea of finding a single burner stove makes all kinds of sense as I can certainly use a little bit more counter space!

So, what I really want is something like this...

I would want to gimbal it and sort out a proper fiddle system but, at less than $30, it fulfills all the needful galley chores a stove does as well or better than a "proper" marine stove....

No comments: